At Sportsmart we pride ourselves on being able to support local communities. We have a particular interest in supporting those who use sport as a way of bringing people together and events that allow individuals to gain access to sport, who otherwise would not be able to.
To request a donation simply submit your application online along with your contact details. We require up to three months notice of the event taking place. You will then be notified via email if we are able to support your request. Conditions apply.
Sportsmart is proud to support our local sports communities through donations to their fund-raising efforts. However, due to the large number of donation requests we receive the following conditions apply to donation requests:
- Sporting clubs or school must be part of either the Sportsmart Club Advantage program (Clubs) or the School Active program to be considered for donations.
- Only local organisations to Sportsmart stores will be considered.
- We cannot support donation requests from individuals. For individual support please apply to the Leader Newspaper Sports Star Awards program that we support that recognises and rewards elite individual sports performances.
- We require at least 3 month notice to the event that we are supporting taking place.
- We believe everybody should have the opportunity to participate in sport. So, we place a strong emphasis on the events we support ensuring they promote participation in sport/fitness activities with a particular emphasis on increasing the access to sport for people who would not otherwise have access to sport.
- Where the event is of a fund raising nature for a group, a commitment to reinvest part of the funds raised in improving and updating sports equipment/apparel for the group should also be provided.