At Sportsmart we pride ourselves on being able to support local communities. We have a particular interest in supporting those who use sport as a way of bringing people together and
events that allow individuals to gain access to sport, who otherwise would not be able to.
To request a donation simply submit your application online along with your contact details. We require up to three months notice of the event taking place. You will then be
notified via email if we are able to support your request.
Sportsmart is proud to support our local sports communities through donations to fundraising efforts. However, due to the large number of donation requests we receive, the following conditions apply:
- Sporting clubs or schools must be part of either the Sportsmart Club Advantage program (clubs) or the School Active program to be considered for donations.
- Only local organisations to Sportsmart stores will be considered.
- We cannot support donation requests from individuals. For individual support please apply to the Leader Newspaper Sports Star Awards program that we support, which recognises and rewards elite individual sports performances.
- We require at least 3 months notice before an event is to be held.
- We believe everybody should have the opportunity to participate in sport. So, we place a strong emphasis on supporting events that promote participation in sport/fitness activities, with a particular emphasis on increasing the access to sport for people who would not otherwise have access to sport.
- Where the event is of a fundraising nature for a group, a commitment to reinvest part of the funds raised in improving and updating sports equipment/apparel for the group should also be provided.
Please review these conditions before sending through any donation requests.